[CMake] Xcode Generator

Axel Roebel Axel.Roebel at ircam.fr
Wed Dec 13 12:27:22 EST 2006

Hi

we are working on a release for our SDIF library
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/sdif)
which should for the first time use cmake instead of
autotools as its configuration system.

Everything works fine for unix makefiles (on Linux and Mac OS X)

Now, we tried the Xcode generator and we am having
some minor problems with it.

1)
It appears that the default build style in the Xcode project is
set to debug while for my makefile build system it always is set to release.
So we wonder why these two are different.

Note, that we set CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE to release.

2)
In the cmake project there exists a sub directory holding
swig wrappers that are not included in the all target.
This is accomplished by

ADD_SUBDIRECTORY(swig EXCLUDE_FROM_ALL)

now while in the makefile generator we still have the swig targets
if we just enter the sub directories in the the Xcode project the targets are
not available at all.

They show up though if we remove EXCLUDE_FROM_ALL
from the the ADD_SUBDIRECTORY call above.

Because the swig targets are somewhat experimental
we don't like to have them in the default target.

Is there a way to exclude them from all but still have the
targets available? Another option may be to have them in the
all target but set a different target as default target.
Is this possible?

Thanks for any feedback,

--
Axel Roebel