[CMake] Copying Files on Windows

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Tue Dec 12 13:35:21 EST 2006

>> but I still get the same error.
>> Error copying file "C:/Developer/SDKs/qt-4.2.2/lib/libQtCore4.dll" to "C:/Workspace/a2bin/Build/Bin/"
>>

>> I have verified that the initial file is where the path says it is..
You might want to try running cmake -E copy by hand from the command
prompt to see if you can get it to work.  The direction of the \  should
not matter to CMake, internally it uses posix / even on windows as c++
does as well.   I would experiment with cmake -E copy on the command
line trying several combinations.   Did you build this cmake with mingw
or is it the standard windows cmake?
Try some stuff like this:

cmake -E copy C:/Developer/SDKs/qt-4.2.2/lib/libQtCore4.dll c:/foo.dll
cmake -E copy C:/Developer/SDKs/qt-4.2.2/lib/libQtCore4.dll c:/