[CMake] combining projects

Darby J Van Uitert darbyb at sci.utah.edu
Thu Dec 7 17:50:12 EST 2006

Hi,

I have a current project building under CMake which has multiple parts
that I want to keep separate.  It has a group of core libraries, and
then an application with a gui that is separate--very similar to the
Insight Toolkit and Insight Applications except for they are in the same
repository and source tree. Currently, I build the core libraries by
pointing CMake to the top level of my source tree, and then separately
build the gui part by pointing CMake to a child directory
(src/Dataflow). Is it possible to allow the top level CMake file to give
users the option to build core and the gui? I thought it would be just a
matter of making a SUBDIRS call to the src/Dataflow/CMakeLists.txt file
directory but that didn't work off the bat.  What is involved in making
this transition?

Thanks.

   -darby j

--