[CMake] FindPerlLibs.cmake and FindSwig.cmake outdated!

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Thu Dec 7 14:33:12 EST 2006

On 2006-12-07 19:41+0100 Axel Roebel wrote:

> On Wednesday 06 December 2006 17:36, Axel Roebel wrote:
>>> I will test the module tomorrow.
>>> Could you please put a RC2 of the `FindSWIG.cmake' on the bug tracker?
>>
>> That may take a day or too.
>>
>> I'll let you know.
>
> There it is, called FindSWIG.cmake-2
>
> It should take care of all your comments,
> please have a look. I would especially be
> interested to hear if it works on windows.
> I can only try linux and Mac OS X

Thanks Axel for your improvements to FindSWIG.cmake.  The old version has
been the source of several PLplot complaints about not being able to find
installed versions of swig. Your use of swig -swiglib to get the required
directory information is a big step forward.

I tried out FindSWIG.cmake-2 on Linux, and (as expected) all was well
with PLplot.

The only minor issue I have with it, is I believe your success message does
not give enough information for the case where there is a choice of various
versions of swig.

Therefore, I would replace

MESSAGE(STATUS "using swig ${SWIG_DIR}")

with

MESSAGE(STATUS "using ${SWIG_EXECUTABLE} with SWIG_DIR =  ${SWIG_DIR}")

I hope the CMake developers adopt your improved version of FindSWIG.cmake
for the next cmake release.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

package (plplot.org); the Yorick front-end to PLplot (yplot.sf.net); the
Loads of Linux Links project (loll.sf.net); and the Linux Brochure Project
(lbproject.sf.net).