[CMake] Creating an config file for CMake

Mike Jackson mike.jackson at imts.us
Thu Dec 7 09:12:10 EST 2006

I would like to create some sort of config file for CMake so that
when I clean build ParaView on OS X I can have all the necessary
settings already to go. I am also compiling in my own modules so that
is at least 3 "configure" passes in CCMake.. which is getting tiresome..

I tried creating the following file:

-----------
SET (VTK_USE_X ON CACHE BOOL "PVDislocation" FORCE)
SET (VTK_USE_CARBON OFF CACHE BOOL "PVDislocation" FORCE)
SET (VTK_USE_COCOA OFF CACHE BOOL "PVDislocation" FORCE)
SET (BUILD_SHARED_LIBS ON CACHE BOOL "PVDislocation" FORCE)
SET (CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX "/Users/Shared/Paraview" CACHE STRING
"PVDislocation" FORCE )
SET (BUILD_TESTING OFF CACHE BOOL "PVDislocation" FORCE)
SET (CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE "Release" CACHE STRING "PVDislocation" FORCE)

SET (CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS "-Wl,-search_paths_first" CACHE STRING
"PVDislocation" FORCE )
SET (CMAKE_SHARED_LINKER_FLAGS "-Wl,-search_paths_first" CACHE STRING
"PVDislocation" FORCE )

SET (OPENGL_INCLUDE_DIR "/usr/X11R6/include" CACHE STRING
"PVDislocation" FORCE )
SET (OPENGL_gl_LIBRARY "/usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.1.2.dylib" CACHE STRING
"PVDislocation" FORCE )
SET (OPENGL_glu_LIBRARY "/usr/X11R6/lib/libGLU.1.3.dylib" CACHE
STRING "PVDislocation" FORCE )
SET (VTK_USE_RPATH ON CACHE BOOL "PVDislocation" FORCE)

SET( PARAVIEW_EXTRA_EXTERNAL_MODULES "PVDislocation" CACHE STRING
"PVDislocation" FORCE )
SET( PVDislocation_SOURCE_DIR "/Users/mjackson/Projects/Task_4/
PVDislocation" CACHE STRING "PVDislocation" FORCE )
SET( PARAVIEW_USE_PVDislocation ON CACHE BOOL

and called it PVDislocation.cmake

I then called ccmake -C [location to PVDislocation.cmake] and ended
up with ccmake erroring out giving a message about something being a
directory instead of a file..

Am I even on the right path for this?

Thanks
--