[CMake] FindPerlLibs.cmake and FindSwig.cmake outdated!

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Wed Dec 6 11:51:10 EST 2006

Axel Roebel wrote:

>> 1. Look for swig executable
>> 2. use `swig -swiglib' to get the swiglib path
>> 3. FIND_PATH(SWIG_DIR swig.swg ${SWIG_outlib} /usr/share/swig1.3 ...)
>>

> could you tell me why you add this path
> /usr/share/swig1.3 ?

This is a an old module, the FIND_* stuff has changed a lot since then.
For instance, the FIND_* stuff automatically adds /usr/bin, /usr/local/bin,
and other system paths for the architecture that is running.  What is needed
is the PATH_SUFFIXES option to FIND_*  so that cmake will know to
look for swigVersionNumbers in all those system paths.  So, the listed paths
in the FIND_* are not the whole picture, and in most cases are not even
needed at all.

-Bill