[CMake] SET_SOURCE_FILES_PROPERTIES and configurations

Luca Cappa luca.cappa at sequoia.it
Tue Dec 5 11:24:02 EST 2006

Hello

On Tue, 05 Dec 2006 16:57:18 +0100, Tristan Carel
<tristan.carel at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/5/06, Luca Cappa <luca.cappa at sequoia.it> wrote:
>>
>> The problem is that I cannot use different flags (perhaps
>> <CONFIGURATION>_COMPILE_FLAGS) to generate two different precompiled
>> files, one for DEBUG and one for the RELEASE build. Any help?
>>
> Maybe you should read the `Useful variables' wiki page:
> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_Useful_Variables#Compilers_and_Tools

>      * None (CMAKE_C_FLAGS or CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS used)
>     * Debug (CMAKE_C_FLAGS_DEBUG or CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_DEBUG)
>     * Release (CMAKE_C_FLAGS_RELEASE or CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_RELEASE)
> [...]

I am not sure that the SET_SOURCE_FILES_PROPERTIES rule supports those
variables. In the documentation of PROPERTIES it is stated that "The
following [variable] are used by CMake. ... ABSTRACT flag (boolean) ...
WRAP_EXCLUDE (boolean) ... GENERATED (boolean) ... HEADER_FILE_ONLY
(boolean ... OBJECT_DEPENDS (string) ... COMPILE_FLAGS (string) ...
SYMBOLIC (boolean) ". As you see in the list there are not anyone of the
ones you suggested, but perhaps they could be used with
SET_SOURCE_FILES_PROPERTIES, I just have to try.

Luca