[CMake] Bug+Fix in FindwxWidgets.cmake

Werner Smekal smekal at iap.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Dec 5 09:54:58 EST 2006

Hi Alex,

> How about something like:
>
> IF (WIN32)
> ... handle all win variants here
> ELSE (WIN32)
> ... and all non-win variants here
> ENDIF (WIN32)

This won't work, the reason is: there are two ways to compile wxWidgets
- either via configure (which produces wx-config) or via provided
makefiles (only for windows compilers), where it's not so easy to get
compiler options. On unix always configure is used, on Windows configure
is only used for the MinGW/MSYS and the cygwin case. So a possible
solution would be:

IF( WIN32 AND NOT CYGWIN AND NOT MSYS )
   WINDOWS_STYLE ....
ELSE( WIN32 AND NOT CYGWIN AND NOT MSYS )
   UNIX_STYLE ....
ENDIF( WIN32 AND NOT CYGWIN AND NOT MSYS )

> Can you provide a ready-to-apply patch ?

Yes, I can - I'll test it within the plplot package I'm working on and
will provide a patch than.

Thanks,
Werner