[CMake] CMake 2.4.5 RC 4

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Sat Dec 2 01:34:13 EST 2006

On 2006-12-01 16:21-0500 Bill Hoffman wrote:

> Please let me know if you find any problems with 2.4.5-RC-4.

Drumroll, please --- RC4 has the official PLplot seal of approval... :-)

It is nice to present good news this time.  I built cmake with the bootstrap
script on my two separate platforms (Debian stable and Ubuntu dapper) with
no obvious problems.  I then used cmake-2.4.5-RC-4 to build a full-featured
PLplot (including our docbook documentation build, build of examples, and
with the workaround removed for the 2.4.4 clash between target and filename
that has been fixed in 2.4.5), ran our ctest (which runs 180 examples in the
build tree), built the examples in the install tree using an independent
pkg-config approach that had been configured by cmake, and ran a similar
test of 180 examples there as well. All was well on both platforms.

My thanks to Bill and the rest of the CMake development team for their
efforts on stabilizing the 2.4.5 RCs, and I look forward to
CMake-2.4.5-final coming out soon.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

package (plplot.org); the Yorick front-end to PLplot (yplot.sf.net); the
Loads of Linux Links project (loll.sf.net); and the Linux Brochure Project
(lbproject.sf.net).