[CMake] Deleting a directory

Brandon J. Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 13:07:41 EDT 2006

Yann Renard wrote:
> Cheers list,
>
> when using cmake for building my libraries, I add additional commands
> in order to copy all the corresponding header tree to a target
> directory. On clean stage, I would like to remove this tree so removed
> the .h files one by one using ADDITIONAL_MAKE_CLEAN_FILES. This
> empties the tree but after that, it would be nice to remove the tree
> itself. How could I remove those directories ? cmake -E seems not to
> be able to remove directories.

FILE(REMOVE_RECURSE [directory]...)
is what you want?  Can't remember if I've used it.  Also, I note that
the docs list the command, but don't say what it does, although it's
fairly obvious.

I'm going to make a feature request about sorting or indexing the
documentation by topic.  There is a bit of a "needle in the haystack"
feel to it now, although fortunately, it's not that big of a haystack.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every