[CMake] Support for Compaq Visual Fortran?

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Aug 29 08:55:46 EDT 2006

Arjen Markus wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have trouble getting CMake to recognise Compaq Visual Fortran
> as a valid Fortran compiler under Windows.
>
> Philippe Poilbarbe sent me his configuration module for CVF, but
> he also noted that there is another problem - CVF does not like
> the default options used by TRY_COMPILE.
>
> I have been experimenting with an alternative for that command,
> so that CMake will accept CVF. In principle this works (that is
> the first step now accepts CVF), but I wonder if someone else
> has done this already and what problems I may expect later on.
>
> The thing is:
> - CVF does not recognise options like -o
> - CVF does not accept forward slashes in file names
> - There does not seem to be an option to set the name of the output file

You'll need to create a Modules/Platform/Windows-CVF.cmake file where
"CVF" is replaced by the actual name of the compiler executable.  In
other such platform files you'll find alternative settings for rules
like CMAKE_Fortran_COMPILE_OBJECT.  Copy one of these and modify it to
setup the rules for this compiler.

If you get this working please post your results.

Thanks,
-Brad