[CMake] Using cmake under windows

Mon Aug 28 11:07:03 EDT 2006

Brad King wrote:
> Yann Renard wrote:
>>> You did not run cmake / cmakesetup from the correct command prompt.
>>> Therefore your env vars 'LIB' and 'INCLUDE' are not set correct.
>>> Take a look into your start menu (PlatformSDK -> OpenBuildEnv Window
>>> -> ...) and don't open your command prompt by executing cmd.exe.
>> No, as I said before, typing 'set' at the command prompt reports
>> correctly set environment variables. Do you think I missed something here ?
>
> You need to run CMake from the same command prompt in which the
> environment is set.  From that same command prompt try:
>
> mkdir myproj-build
> cd myproj-build
> cmake c:/path/to/myproj -G"NMake Makefiles"
>
> Make sure you have a clean source tree in c:/path/to/myproj that does
> not contain any attempt to build the project in-source.

Sorry Brad for double post, I forgot the list ;)

That is very close to what I did, however, this seems to work better.
The reason why this is working better is the option you add '-G"NMake
Makefiles"'. I guess this is what Eric was talking about in previous
posts. Thus, I should be able to generate nmake makefiles, but no VC8
projects, right ?

Eric, this is exactly the opposite of your situation, I guess we can get
both working together ;)

Best regards,
Yann Renarad