[CMake] Using cmake under windows

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Aug 28 11:06:18 EDT 2006

Yann Renard wrote:
>> You did not run cmake / cmakesetup from the correct command prompt.
>> Therefore your env vars 'LIB' and 'INCLUDE' are not set correct.
>> Take a look into your start menu (PlatformSDK -> OpenBuildEnv Window
>> -> ...) and don't open your command prompt by executing cmd.exe.
>
> No, as I said before, typing 'set' at the command prompt reports
> correctly set environment variables. Do you think I missed something here ?

You need to run CMake from the same command prompt in which the
environment is set.  From that same command prompt try:

mkdir myproj-build
cd myproj-build
cmake c:/path/to/myproj -G"NMake Makefiles"

Make sure you have a clean source tree in c:/path/to/myproj that does
not contain any attempt to build the project in-source.

-Brad