[CMake] Support for Compaq Visual Fortran?

Arjen Markus arjen.markus at wldelft.nl
Mon Aug 28 10:21:44 EDT 2006

Hello,

I have trouble getting CMake to recognise Compaq Visual Fortran
as a valid Fortran compiler under Windows.

Philippe Poilbarbe sent me his configuration module for CVF, but
he also noted that there is another problem - CVF does not like
the default options used by TRY_COMPILE.

I have been experimenting with an alternative for that command,
so that CMake will accept CVF. In principle this works (that is
the first step now accepts CVF), but I wonder if someone else
has done this already and what problems I may expect later on.

The thing is:
- CVF does not recognise options like -o
- CVF does not accept forward slashes in file names
- There does not seem to be an option to set the name of the output file

Regards,

Arjen