[CMake] Managing library name decorations

Anders Sundman anders.sundman at optonova.se
Fri Aug 25 12:46:28 EDT 2006

Hi all!

What is the preferred way to manage library name decorations with CMake?

Let me make it concrete by giving an example:

Boost will produce the library files: "libboost_date_time-gcc-mt-s.a" or
"boost_date_time-gcc.lib", or add some other nifty suffix. The
decorations specifying toolset, run-time, etc. that the library was
compiled with.

Up till now, I've used a variable (eg. = "-gcc-mt-s") that the user must
set during configure; but this seems like sub optimal solution. Maybe
this is the only solution if there are multiple boost libraries
installed, but otherwise it would be great if CMake could guess the
decoration automatically.

Any ideas anyone?

Best Regards,
Anders Sundman