*NIX installation configuration (was [CMake] Cmake and Win32 plugin linking issues.)

Jamie Jones hentai_yagi at yahoo.com.au
Wed Aug 23 23:12:58 EDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-23 at 07:40 -0700, Alan W. Irwin wrote:
> Jamie Jones said:
>
> > When we used autotools, I used to pass the following options to the
> > autotools to control binary locations etc: [...]
>
> Look for the DESTINATION option for the INSTALL command in the
> documentation at http://www.cmake.org/HTML/Documentation.html.  That gives
> you complete control over where every file is installed.
>
> Alan

Thanks Alan.

Am I correct in understanding that *NIX packagers will need to patch my
upstream CMakeLists.txt to adjust install location to fit with their
distribution policies ? If so that is unfortunate as it will mean more
work for me at add that support to our CMakeLists.txt

Regards,
Yagisan
--
GPG/PGP signed mail preferred. No HTML mail. No MS Word attachments
PGP Key ID 0x4B6E7209