[CMake] CPack CMake and XCode to make an program installer on OS X? How?

Dan White dan at chalkie.org.uk
Wed Aug 23 07:52:15 EDT 2006

Hi All OSX CMakers (Sean McBride in particular???)

I see from the CMake Wiki there is a new packaging feature in
CMake called CPack which on OSX needs Xcode.

I have been searching for information on how to use this, but all I
really found was
the CMake Wiki, which doesnt give enough basic instructions for me to
understand how to use it,
or understand what is going on.

We have been trying to package our VTK/Python application
BioImageXD
http://www.bioimagexd.org
on OSX using py2app, but without success as we need to teach py2app
some new tricks about how to understand VTK python wrappings and
some things about install names of .dylbs.

I wonder what I need to do to be able to use
CPack to make an OSX installer for BioImageXD?

Does anyone have any experience doing that for a python program using
python wrapped VTK?

Does CPack use Xcode to make an normal OS X installer package (.mpkg?)

Also do I need to get my VTK build going in XCode?
If so any basic instructions to do that? Where does CMake come into
that process?

Any help gratefully received!

cheers

Dan

Dr. Daniel James White BSc. (Hons.) PhD
Bioimaging Coordinator
Nanoscience Centre and Department of Biological and Environmental
Sciences
Division of Molecular Recognition
Ambiotica C242
PO Box 35