[CMake] /usr/share/cmake or /usr/share/Cmake ?

frederic heem frederic.heem at telsey.it
Tue Aug 22 10:32:13 EDT 2006

Hi,
Problems began after upgrading cmake today on a fedora core 5.
I put before the upgrade some home made FindXXX.cmake in /usr/share/CMake. The
problem is that the fedora and suse packager has changed /usr/share/CMake
to  /usr/share/cmake, for consistency I suppose. The new cmake cannot my
FindXXX.cmake anymore.
Would it be possible to agree to common notation between source package from
www.cmake.org and the various distribution packager ?
Having different path name just create confusion, frustration and wasted time.
The other question is a wish, it would be very handy to have an environment
variable CMAKE_MODULE_PATH or whataver name your prefer. This variable would
contain a list of path where FindXXX.cmake reside, the same behavior than
PATH to look for executable in other word.
Thanks,

--
*****     -----     *****     -----     *****

Frederic Heem