[CMake] cmake: broke compatibility between 2.2 and 2.4

William A. Hoffman billlist at nycap.rr.com
Mon Aug 21 09:36:42 EDT 2006

So, the problem was that some Unix shells were having trouble with long
command lines.  So, we made it a cmake script to do the linking.   I
forgot that folks used back tic commands to run pkconfig.  However, that
is a bad thing to do anyway....    It does not work with Xcode projects,
it does not work on windows.   It only works on Unix.   The right thing
to do would be to improve the PKGCONFIG macro and tell people to use it.

-Bill