[CMake] ccmake and fortran

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Aug 15 10:58:05 EDT 2006

Arjen Markus wrote:
>> OK. That statement about the limited nature of the parsing is
>> reassuring so
>> would somebody please commit the solution, i.e.,
>>
>> <fixed_fmt>^[cC*dD].*\n { return EOSTMT; }
>>
>> to:
>>
>> ^[cC*dD].*\n { return EOSTMT; }
>>
>> that Bryan Walsh has already worked out?
>
> Please reduce that to:
>
> ^[cC*].*\n { return EOSTMT; }
>
> and you will not miss any dependencies as far as I can tell.
>
> (I was wondering about false positives, like when you have
> "INCLUDE 'filename'" or "USE module" in a literal string,
> but it should be relatively easy to detect them. The following
> fragment could cause a false dependency:
>
> write(*,*) 'Usage: &
> &    use mymodule &
> &        only mysub'

FYI, there is a bug report for this problem:

http://www.cmake.org/Bug/bug.php?op=show&bugid=3109

I briefly looked at fixing it but got stuck on the free-format versus
fixed-format parsing.  Unfortunately I have no time for this bug now.

Please add any conclusion for this discussion to that bug report.

Thanks,
-Brad