[CMake] Problem with making CMake under Windows

Brandon J. Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 03:49:58 EDT 2006

Arjen Markus wrote:

>> - Configuration was no problem,  but when I pressed the OK
>>  button to build the project files, the program simply stopped.

Do you have access to another Windows machine, or another Windows OS
installation?  Your error sounds rather sick and wrong, so I would first
eliminate your system as a source of problems.  If you or other people
can reproduce the behavior on other systems, then there's probably
something wrong with CMake.  Or if not, then there's something wrong
with your system.

Another thing you can do is write a trivial CMakeLists.txt and see if
you can configure that.  If it blows up then you have another sign of
trouble, as it means just about anything would blow up.  Example trivial
CMakeLists.txt:

ADD_CUSTOM_TARGET(test
  COMMAND ${CMAKE_COMMAND} -E echo "CMake 2.4.3 does not handle
apostrophes."
)

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every