[CMake] Solaris using gcc to link instead of g++

Michael Bell michael.bell at acm.org
Mon Aug 7 10:36:17 EDT 2006

Hi,

When compiling ITK2.8 on Solaris 5.9 with gcc 3.3.1, files are being
compiled correctly with g++, but libraries are being linked with gcc.
>From a random link.txt:
gcc  -fPIC   -shared  -Wl,-hlibITKIO.so.2.8 -o ../../bin/libITKIO.so.2.8.0  ...

This problem requires me to manually link stdc++.

Compiling from the exact same codebase on linux works correctly. I
compared the cmake configuration, and they are the same (different
paths to the same programs), except linux uses gmake while solaris
uses make.

Why would solaris use gcc to link? What can I do about it?

thanks,
michael

michael.bell at acm.org