[CMake] Problem of using cmake for Qt4 application

Fu Limin limin.fu at ircc.it
Mon Aug 7 07:02:23 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am trying to use cmake as the building system for my project which may
use many different libraries. I only have one day experience with it
:-), so far everything works fine except that a sub-project using Qt4
can not be built. The problem is when I use INCLUDE(FindQt4), the
following errors always came out:

CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
6:39:
CONFIGURE_FILE Problem configuring file
Current CMake stack:
/home/fulimin/winux/projects/DaoVM/cmake/tools/DaoConsole_QT4/CMakeLists.txt;/usr/local/cmake/share/CMake/Modules/FindQt4.cmake
CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
/usr/local/cmake/share/CMake/Modules/FindQt4.cmake:333:
A command failed during the invocation of macro "CHECK_SYMBOL_EXISTS".
CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
/usr/local/cmake/share/CMake/Modules/FindQt4.cmake:333:
CHECK_SYMBOL_EXISTS unknown error.
Current CMake stack:
/home/fulimin/winux/projects/DaoVM/cmake/tools/DaoConsole_QT4/CMakeLists.txt;/usr/local/cmake/share/CMake/Modules/FindQt4.cmake

The same problem also came out if try to build it as a stand alone
project. But if I copy a CMakeCache.txt file from a package (VTK) I
downloaded on internet to my project, then it works! Can somebody give
me some hints to solve this problem?

By the way, how can I include qt resource file *.qrc in my CMakeLists.txt?

Thanks a lot!

Limin