[CMake] Combined Static Libraries

Daniel J. Hilferty daniel at hilferty.org
Sun Aug 6 10:19:25 EDT 2006

    Currently, we support Windows, Linux and OS X.   We are hoping that
CMake would allow us to support MinGW as well.   For Windows builds -
because these libraries are not standard, we do actually include the
code for zlib, IJG (jpeg) and png with the distribution.   For Unix
builds, we prefer to use the libraries already available on the user's
system to prevent conflicts between library versions.
    The libraries are all static.  I would like to faithfully re-create
our current build process with CMake first -- but we have considered
distributing a shared library.  Would using shared libraries solve this
problem?

Dan