[CMake] Combined Static Libraries

William A. Hoffman billlist at nycap.rr.com
Sat Aug 5 22:56:55 EDT 2006

At 07:31 PM 8/5/2006, Daniel J. Hilferty wrote:
>After reading the FAQ, I found that what I actually wanted to create is a convenience library -- which is not yet supported by CMake.  The FAQ led me to believe that there is no future plans to support this feature.  Has anyone hear differently?
What you want is not quite the same as convenience libraries.   For convenience libraries,
you need to have the sources of all libraries, it is just that you build them into temporary
libraries that later get combined into one big library.  In CMake, you can just list all the
source files and put them into one library, so there really is not a need for convenience libraries.
It sounds like you have existing compiled static libraries that you want to combine with
source built into one big library.  Is that what you want to do?

-Bill