[CMake] bug reports too easy to duplicate

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Fri Aug 4 12:34:23 EDT 2006

In your bug report form I suggest the actions of the icon beside the file
attach area need review.  I thought it would simply confirm the file existed
or help you to find the file.  Instead clicking the icon gives you an upload
dialogue. I assumed that would go nowhere since there was no bug report yet
to attach it to, but instead it creates a bug report immediately when you
are not finished with your bug report.  I found that out by accident this
morning which is why bug 3584 duplicates bug 3583 except for a few additional
items. :(

I think the best solution is simply to remove this file attach icon or
change its function simply to confirm the file exists.  The file gets
attached properly in any case if you hit the submit button at the bottom of
the form so having the icon by the file attach area with the same
functionality is just confusing and will lead to duplicate or near duplicate
bug reports as with 3583 and 3584.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

package (plplot.org); the Yorick front-end to PLplot (yplot.sf.net); the
Loads of Linux Links project (loll.sf.net); and the Linux Brochure Project
(lbproject.sf.net).