[CMake] Visual C++ 2005 Express - command line?

Dean Inglis dean.inglis at camris.ca
Wed Aug 2 11:48:39 EDT 2006

Brad, Bill,

I ran the VS Express command prompt from the start
menu folder and checked my env vars which
appear to have been set by the bat script
that runs, so all vcvars appear to be  correcly
set.  Running cmake (2.4.2 windows exe install)
from the command prompt still gives a fail
due to the linker not finding user32.lib.

On another note, with cmake generated Visual Studio 8
project files that can be compiled in the IDE,
is there a way to force the output directory
to be for example my_vtk_binary_output_path_root\bin
instead of  my_vtk_binary_output_path_root\bin\release
or my_vtk_binary_output_path_root\bin\minsizerel
which appears to be what VS generates independent
of cmake specified output paths??

Dean

> ok, bit of a learning curve here while changing
> IDE's (and learining CMake again).
>>From the CMakeCache.txt for VTK:
>
> MAKECOMMAND:STRING=C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Common7\IDE\VCExpress.exe VTK.sln
/build Release /project ALL_BUILD

> at DOS cmd or cygwin bash prompt the above
> MAKECOMMAND runs.

If you prefer the command line you can run the command prompt that comes
in the VCExpress start menu folder.  Then run CMakeSetup from that
prompt and select the NMake Makefiles generator.  You'll need a new
build tree to switch generators of course.

-Brad