[CMake] QT and CMake

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 10:59:27 EDT 2006

On Aug 1, 2006, at 10:03 AM, William A. Hoffman wrote:

> At 09:19 AM 8/1/2006, Mike Jackson wrote:
>> Hello,
>>   I am new to both CMake and QT and so far I like both. I have
>> written some small CMake files for some of my projects and so far so
>> good. Now I have a project that is based on QT and I would still like
>> to stick with CMake instead of using yet another Makefile generator.
>>
>>   If I use CMake to build my QT based app, do I still need to run
>> qmake -MyProject.pro first to get the moc'ed headers and
>> implementation files?
>>  I guess I just need a short primer on using the two make systems
>> together.
>>
>> I took a look at the VTK source where the QT files are to look at
>> that CMakelists.txt but it didn't really answer my question.
>
> CMake can run moc.
>
> http://www.cmake.org/HTML/Documentation.html
>
> FindQt4 :
>
>   macro QT4_WRAP_CPP(outfiles inputfile ... )
>   macro QT4_WRAP_UI(outfiles inputfile ... )
>   macro QT4_ADD_RESOURCE(outfiles inputfile ... )
>   macro QT4_AUTOMOC(inputfile ... )
>   macro QT4_GENERATE_MOC(inputfile outputfile )
>
> http://qtnode.net/wiki/Qt_with_cmake
>
> -Bill

I came across that web site a little bit ago.. the problem that I am
having is the QT4_WRAP_UI is NOT generating a file...

Here is the relevant part of my CMakeLists.txt file:

SET(qtproject_UIS
     ImageImporter.ui
)

QT4_WRAP_UI(qtproject_UIS_H ${qtproject_UIS})

Which is pretty much from the web site. There is a note right
underneath this section that says using this macro will NOT generate
the file and I should use something else...

This is all on cmake 2.4.3 and OS X 10.4.7

--------
Mike Jackson
imikejackson <at> gmail <dot> com