[CMake] autoconf: Does it meet these cross-platform goals?

Asmodehn Shade asmodehn at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 19:47:24 EDT 2006

Hi all,

Thats a good news the nullsoft installer feature in CPack,  really ;-)
I am looking forward to the next release ;-)

>No.  CMake is not a package management system.  I don't see any reasonable
way that it could do that cross-platform.  Consider how many package
management systems are available on Linux alone!

About that, just an idea : www.pkgsrc.org : source package , or binary
packages in a simple tgz... Maybe CPack could generate a binary package for
pkgsrc ? that would be less work than taking care of all the different
package management systems... and many platforms could be supported...
maybe not good to have such a strong dependency, but maybe worth asking the
mailing list about it sometime ;-)