[CMake] Parse Error while processing CMakeCache

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Sep 20 13:17:53 EDT 2005

M S wrote:
>> I am trying to pass my customized cache file as argument to CMake.
>> CMake could not parse the file.
>> I generated a cache file using CMakeSetup and passed that un-altered
>> (thinking this should work), but the problem persists.
>>
>> Here is the command I used and the output
>> cmake -C ".\CMakeCache.txt" -G "NMake Makefiles" ..\

It seems the documentation of the -C option does not specify the format
of the initial cache file.  Please report that bug here:

http://www.cmake.org/Bug

The format is that of a normal CMakeLists.txt.  Use the CACHE form of
the SET command:

# InitialCache.cmake
SET(SOME_VAR "SOME_VALUE" CACHE STRING "doc")

-Brad