[CMake] Relative paths for MacOSX shared libraries

David Flitney flitney at fmrib.ox.ac.uk
Wed Oct 26 10:54:06 EDT 2005

I've been having some trouble getting shared libraries to build with
the correct paths installed. I want to build, for example, VTK
libraries which I can place in the Frameworks directory of a MacOS .app
bundle. I've been told that previously one could set
CMAKE_SHARED_LINKER_FLAGS to be: "-install_name
@executable_path/../Frameworks/`basename <TARGET>`" and <TARGET> would
get replaced by the relevant soname in each generated Makefile. However
this isn't working for me using up-to-date versions of
CMake(2.3-20051006) and VTK(5.1 as of early October) etc. The generated
build.make files simply contain an unexpanded <TARGET> string. Has this
behaviour been deprecated? Does anyone know how to achieve this?

--
Cheers, Dave

Dave Flitney, IT Manager
Oxford Centre for Functional MRI of the Brain
E:flitney at fmrib.ox.ac.uk W:+44-1865-222713 F:+44-1865-222717