[CMake] MSYS FIND_LIBRARY problem

William A. Hoffman billlist at nycap.rr.com
Tue Nov 29 23:07:16 EST 2005

At 09:45 PM 11/29/2005, Brandon J. Van Every wrote:

>FIND_PATH(CURSES_INCLUDE_PATH
> curses.h
> /usr/local/include
> /usr/include
> D:/app/msys/1.0/local/include
>)
>
>which is a very non-MSYS way to do things.  What gives?  Also, the check for curses is silent.  i.e. I don't get a "-- Checking for blah blah blah" message, nor any verification of success, only an error message if the check fails.

I assume you are using a microsoft built cmake to configure the build?
If so, there is no way for it to understand the mounts and / rooted paths used
by msys.  This is basically, a bootstrapping problem.   Can you get it to build?
After it is built, can it then find / based paths?   I would assume for that to work
you would have to link to some sort of msys library, and not to a native microsoft libc.
That is the main reason we have a cygwin cmake.  The cygwin cmake know about cygwin paths
and mount points.  I would assume that the msys cmake would be able to do the same type of thing.

-Bill