[CMake] Cmake 2.2.2 with Visual Studio 6. .lib? .dll?

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Tue Nov 29 08:52:12 EST 2005

>...When VS tries to link a test program to the new
>library it looks for a .lib that it does not find because there is .dll.
>
>How am I supposed to solve this problem?

There should be an import lib built when the dll is built. If there
isn't one, then there are probably no exports from that dll. In which
case, there's no use linking to it. Something is wrong with the process
that built the dll if the corresponding import lib is not there.

How does the dll in question get built? (Or, if it's not built, how was
it installed?) There should be a .lib file associated with the dll if
it's intended for you to link exe's or other dll's to it...

HTH,
David