[CMake] MSYS is a Unix

Brandon J. Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 16:30:32 EST 2005

Brandon J. Van Every wrote:

> I edited ./bootstrap so that KWSYS_C_SOURCES=ProcessWin32 and got much
> farther compiling *.o files, but upon linkage I got a lot of undefined
> symbols.  It looks like this script assumes Unix and has no
> configuration for Win32.

I had better luck building cmake for MSYS using cmake.  cmake.exe built fine

cmakesetup.exe was not built because (1) the test for curses is guarded
by IF(UNIX) and (2) there isn't any curses anyways.  I downloaded
PDCurses from http://pdcurses.sourceforge.net .  The stable 2.6 version
would not build; unsurprising, since it dates from 2003.  The CVS
version built fine, but unfortunately testcurs.exe fails with an error,
as do all the other demo and test programs.  So, curses support on mingw
/ msys is not ready for prime time.  I don't intend to chase this one
down, I have bigger fish to fry.

I will inquire, however, whether MSYS users feel that /usr/local or
C:\Program Files is the more appropriate default installation directory.

I do notice that if one is using the Windows CMakeSetup.exe, /usr/local
is not allowed as a filename.  I am wondering why cmake.exe has no
readily documented way to provide an installation prefix on the command
line.  That is, when I type "cmake --help" I don't see anything that
would let me do it.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every