[CMake] Ignoring system paths for dependency checking

Gregor Berginc gregor.berginc at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 01:11:50 EST 2005

Dear CMake masters,

Just yesterday, I checked the depend.make file to see what my C++
source files depend on and found a lot of headers that are not likely
to change, e.g., VxL and Qt headers.

When I was using my own "build system", I used g++ -MM to detect
dependencies and the $CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH environment variable to
specify which paths are "system" paths. The -MM finds dependencies and
ignores all those that are found in the system path.

With CMake, however, this doesn't seem to work. I've checked CMake
variables, but could not find the one, whose meaning would be similar
to the CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH. Did I miss anything?

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Gregor Berginc

--