[CMake] excutable named FALSExxx

klaas.holwerda kholwerd at xs4all.nl
Thu Nov 24 11:56:05 EST 2005

Hi William,

William A. Hoffman wrote:

>OK, I found the problem.   I will check in a fix.  Because of the bug
>cmake is looking up a variable called _CXX and using it for a prefix for
>the executable name.
>
>I was able to reprocude the problem like this:
>SET(_CXX FALSE)
>ADD_EXECUTABLE(foo foo.cxx bar.c)
>
>Linking CXX executable FALSEfoo
>
>So, you should find out why you are setting _CXX to FALSE, and stop, my guess would
>be one of the macros you are calling.

And so id did. I grepped recurce all my *.cmake *.txt files and i think i do not set an _CXX to FALSE or TRUE.
I now reinstalled my Linux to be Fedora4 and now the executables are called like:

TRUEcanvas_simple

And one positive thing is that they compile and run again. Meaning no more linking errors. I find it all a bit confusing.

So to be complete i only have a few variables which have/end with _CXX.
They are:
CHECK_INCLUDE_FILE_CXX
CMAKE_PKGCONFIG_CXX_FLAGS
CMAKE_WX_CXX_FLAGS
CMAKE_WXART2D_CXX_FLAGS

Those variables can be the problem?
I also grepped CMakeCache.txt, no variable _CXX is found.
I do not know where to look next :-(

In any case, thanks for your help,

Klaas