[CMake] Compiling Cmake on Fedora Core 4 (64 bit)

Francesco Montorsi f18m_cpp217828 at yahoo.it
Fri Nov 11 15:23:44 EST 2005

Hi,

William A. Hoffman wrote:
> It sounds like you do not have curses.h on your machine.  It may be that
> you installed a run time curses library and not the development version.
> To compile cmake you need curses.h.
yes, you're right.
I don't have curses.h installed even if I have the ncurses RPMs installed:

[frm at Linux ~]$ rpm -qa | grep ncurses
ncurses-5.4-17
ncurses-5.4-17
[frm at Linux ~]$

(one for 32 bit and one for 64 as every other RPM in FC4 64bit).
I wonder why.

I installed ncurses from sources and now cmake compiles fine.
Thanks !

Francesco Montorsi

PS: what about making a better error message for such cases ?

PS2: I'm forwarding this mail to the mailing list, too, to help other people to fix this
same problem...