[CMake] Compiling Cmake on Fedora Core 4 (64 bit)

Francesco Montorsi f18m_cpp217828 at yahoo.it
Thu Nov 10 14:27:14 EST 2005

Hi,

    I'm having troubles compiling cmake 2.2.2 on my Fedora Core4 (64bit) with GCC 4.0.

I unpackaged the source release and then tried:

[frm at Linux cmake-2.2.2]$ ./configure
CMake 2.2-2, Copyright (c) 2002 Kitware, Inc., Insight Consortium
C compiler on this system is: cc
C++ compiler on this system is: g++
Makefile processor on this system is: gmake
g++ is GNU compiler
g++ has STL in std:: namespace
g++ has ANSI streams
g++ has streams in std:: namespace
g++ has sstream
g++ has operator!=(string, char*)
g++ has stl iterator_traits
g++ has standard template allocator
g++ has allocator<>::rebind<>
g++ does not have non-standard allocator<>::max_size argument
g++ has stl containers supporting allocator objects
g++ has header cstddef
g++ requires template friends to use <>
g++ supports member templates
g++ has standard template specialization syntax
g++ has argument dependent lookup
g++ has struct stat with st_mtim member
g++ has ANSI for scoping
gmake: `cmake' is up to date.
-- Cannot determine repository type. Please set UPDATE_TYPE to 'cvs' or 'svn'. CTest
update will not work.
-- Using Buildname: Linux-g++
CMake Error: This project requires some variables to be set,
and cmake can not find them.
Please set the following variables:
CURSES_INCLUDE_PATH (ADVANCED)

-- Configuring done
Error when bootstrapping CMake:
Problem while running initial CMake
[frm at Linux cmake-2.2.2]$

I searched the archive and found that I need to use an init file so I did:

[frm at Linux cmake-2.2.2]$ cat temp
SET(UPDATE_TYPE cvs)
SET(CURSES_INCLUDE_PATH "/usr" CACHE PATH "")
SET(CURSES_LIBRARY "/usr/lib/libncurses.so" CACHE PATH "")

[frm at Linux cmake-2.2.2]$ ./configure --init=temp
[...]

So, even with the init file, I get exactly the same error... what can I do ?

Thanks,
Francesco Montorsi