[CMake] TRY_RUN problems in 2.2.6

j.trauntvein at comcast.net j.trauntvein at comcast.net
Tue Nov 8 17:24:03 EST 2005

A while ago, I wrote that I was having issues with TRY_RUN.  I had specified the word ARGUMENT instead of ARGUMENTS.  Today, I was trying to do the same thing and am still having trouble.  Here is a sample of the command from my CMakeLists file:

TRY_RUN(dbinit_result dbinit_compile
  ${BIN_DIR} mkcdecl.c
  ARGUMENTS ModemDbHelpers.DbInit.h wmodem.ini init_records ModemDbHelpers)

The purpose of this command is to compile a pre-processor and then run it in order to generate a header that my project needs.  When I attempt to run cmake, I get the following error:

CMake Error: The source directory "ARGUMENTS" does not exist.
Specify --help for usage, or press the help button on the CMake GUI.
CMake Error: Internal CMake error, TryCompile configure of cmake failed

Apparently, I am misunderstanding the syntax for the command.  Unfortunately, I cannot find any examples of the use of this command to verify my own file against.

regards,

Jon Trauntvein