[CMake] Troubles with the Nmake generator...

Shishir Ramam sramam at gmail.com
Sun May 29 10:07:02 EDT 2005

Hi,

I have been attempting to use the nmake generator, and the build fails.
>From the preliminary investigations, it looks like the problem occurs in -
cmMakeDepend::DependWalk(..)
on the attempt to open the file using 'info->m_FullPath.c_str()'

The problem seems to be that the path in this case has a '...'
at the end, which the OS obviously fails to open.

Moreover, it looks like this is a problem only for binary directories.
It's *not* an in-place build.

I am starting to look a little further into this, but would appreciate
any help that I can get in localizing the problem - or atleast where to look.

thanks,
-shishir

ps: I am using Cmake 2.0.6 on WinXp. The same cmake setup works
well with a VC2005 generator. I have not been successful in making it
work for mingw/make. But that might be problems with my setup. Haven't
done too much of digging around.

--
The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the man who
can't read them. - Mark Twain