[CMake] Unable to Compile CMake Commands???

Michael Bonner bonner10 at llnl.gov
Fri May 20 15:19:41 EDT 2005

Brad, Bill

Thanks for the response... so I need to use icc the intel compiler, does
anybody have experience building cmake with icc? I am getting a lot of
undefined references from the linking of cmake.  They are a bit unusual to
me because they are all errors with the std:: namespace.  I imagine it may
have something to do with cmStandardIncludes.h (maybe?) or using the proper
#defines or env. variables.

Heres a sample of my errors:

icc -lm -L/usr/bin -L/usr/local/bin
-I/g/g22/bonner10/cmake/cmake-1.8.3/Source
-I/g/g22/bonner10/cmake/cmake-1.8.3/Bootstrap.cmk  cmake.o cmakewizard.o
cmakemain.o cmMakeDepend.o cmMakefile.o cmDocumentation.o cmGlob.o
cmGlobalGenerator.o cmLocalGenerator.o cmSourceFile.o cmSystemTools.o
cmGlobalUnixMakefileGenerator.o cmLocalUnixMakefileGenerator.o cmCommands.o
cmTarget.o cmCustomCommand.o cmCacheManager.o cmListFileCache.o
cmVariableWatch.o cmSourceGroup.o Directory.o RegularExpression.o
SystemTools.o ProcessUNIX.o -o cmake
cmake.o(.text+0x62): In function `cmNeedBackwardsCompatibility(std::string
const&, int, void*)':
: undefined reference to `std::string::~string()'
cmake.o(.text+0xb2): In function `cmNeedBackwardsCompatibility(std::string
const&, int, void*)':
: undefined reference to `std::allocator<char>::~allocator()'
cmake.o(.text+0x132): In function `cmNeedBackwardsCompatibility(std::string
const&, int, void*)':

Any suggestions would help.

Thanks
mike

At 12:00 PM 5/19/2005, Brad King wrote:
>Michael Bonner wrote:
>>I am using cmake to build vtk on a itanium machine, I built cmake
>[snip]
>>What does it mean to not be able to compile VTK CMake commands? Is this a
>>vtk problem or a cmake problem?
>
>This may means that CMake is getting built as a 32-bit executable but the
>commands are getting built as 64-bit DLLs (or the other way around).  It
>is probably a VTK problem that stems from a CMake problem.  The CVS
>version of VTK no longer uses loaded commands because they require VTK to
>be built with an ABI compatible to that with which CMake was built.
>
>Look in the CMake subdirectory of the VTK build tree.  There should be a
>project there that is separate from the rest of VTK to build just the
>loaded commands.  Try building this project directly to see what error it
>gives.
>
>-Brad

Michael Bonner
bonner10 at llnl.gov