[CMake] installing targets under different name

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Fri May 13 05:35:29 EDT 2005

Hi Andy,

> Von: Andy Cedilnik <andy.cedilnik at kitware.com>
>
> Hi Alex,
>
> Sounds like a great idea. Put a feature request and if you write a
> patch, it would be even better. You may want to look in places like
> cmTarget and cmInstallTargetCommand. Also, cmLocalGenerator has some
code.

I had a look at it.
I expected to find commands like
"cmake -E copy src/foo.exe /usr/bin/foo.exe" in the cmake_install.cmake
file, which would have been quite easy to modify, but instead I found
commands like:

FILE(INSTALL DESTINATION "/usr/local/lib" TYPE FILE FILES
"/usr/src/kde3-svn/kdevelop/lib/kdevelop/libkdevelop.so")

this means FILE(INSTALL ...) is a new cmake command and it exptects as
DESTINATION parameter a directory and as FILES parameters a list of
files. This requires more changes to cmake, and I don't know which way
you'd prefer (a change in the destination parameter, or the FILES, or
something else.

I added a feature request:

http://www.cmake.org/Bug/bug.php?op=show&bugid=1846&pos=0

Bye