[CMake] yet another linking problem

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue May 3 08:57:51 EDT 2005

Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> I have an installed library (/opt/kde/lib/libkdevcatalog.so) and a not
> yet installed library
> (/usr/src/kde3-HEAD/kdevelop/lib/catalog/libkdevcatalog.so).
>
> How can I enforce that libkdevcatalog.so in /usr/src/ is used when
> linking instead of the one in /opt/kde/lib/ ?
> The one in /usr/src/ has some new symbols, which cannot be resolved if
> the libkdevcatalog.so in /opt/kde/lib/ is used.
>
> Is there a way to achieve this behaviour ?

Use the LINK_DIRECTORIES command to add the build tree location as the
first directory to search at link time.  I'm curious as to how the
/opt/kde/lib directory ended up in the link search path in the first
place.  Are you linking in installed libraries from another package that
installs in the same place as an older kdeveloper version?

-Brad