[CMake] Building Libraries with C and ASM sources

Joe Cotellese jcotellese at opgate.com
Tue Mar 15 10:56:46 EST 2005

Hello,

I'm trying to build a library from C and ASM sources. I found an earlier
post describing how this is done but I'm afraid I'm too dense to get it
working.

Here is what I have so far.

SET (MY_SRCS
a.cpp
b.cpp
c.cpp
d.cpp
e.cpp
f.c
)

SET (MY_ASM_SRCS
g.asm
h.asm
)

#This bit of code loops through the assembly files and calls
#nasm.
FOREACH (SOURCE ${MY_ASM_SRCS})
    GET_FILENAME_COMPONENT (FILE_BASE ${SOURCE} NAME_WE)
    ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND (SOURCE ${SOURCE}
    OUTPUT ${FILE_BASE}.o
    ARGS "-felf" ${SOURCE}
    COMMAND "nasm"
    )
ENDFOREACH(SOURCE)

ADD_LIBRARY (mylib ${MY_SRCS})

Now, the question is, how do I add the objects to the ADD_LIBRARY line?
I tried adding g.o and h.o as such:
ADD_LIBRARY (mylib ${MY_SRCS} g.o h.o)
That didn't seem to help.

Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated, I'm banging my head
against the wall.

Regards,
Joe Cotellese

--