[CMake] CMake, Nmake files and APPVER

Tanner Lovelace lovelace-cmake at wayfarer.org
Mon Mar 14 22:26:58 EST 2005

William A. Hoffman said the following on 3/14/05 6:57 PM:
> You could try this:
> ADD_DEFINITION(-DAPPVER=1)
> I am not sure what APPVER should be, I suppose
> you could look in win32.mak and set it to the
> same thing.
>
> -Bill

I thought about that, but the problem here is that APPVER isn't
a define passed to the compiler, it's a define for nmake that
when you define it and include win32.mak it modifies the standard
compiler and linker flags to behave in a specific manner.
I've pretty much come to the conclusion that since the Nmake
generator doesn't include the win32.mak include file, I'm going
to have to figure out myself what APPVER does and then write a macro
to modify the compiler and linker flags myself.  I was hoping
someone had already encountered this and would have a simple
fix (or at least a suggestion), but no such luck, I suppose.
Oh well.  Thanks anyway.

Cheers,
Tanner Lovelace