[CMake] CMake on QNX RTOS

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Mar 8 18:10:53 EST 2005

Tim Arney wrote:
> I'm trying to build CMake v2.0.5 on QNX 6.3 (a platform not known to be
> supported) and with a bit of fiddling around I can get it to build fine,

Great!  It's always good to try "Cross-Platform Make" on another
platform.  We'd be interested in the changes you need to make to get it
working with all the tests passing, and I'll be glad to help you proceed.

In order to fully support the platform, the following needs to be done:

1.) Changes to get CMake to build and all tests to pass on that platform
need to be made to the CVS version rather than 2.0.5.

2.) A nightly build on the platform should be configured to submit tests
on a daily basis to the dashboard:

http://public.kitware.com/dashboard.php?name=cmake

That way we can keep it working.  If you are interested in helping with
either or both of these steps we'd appreciate the support.  In return
we'll keep it working on your platform with minimal effort on your part.

 > but then when I try to run any of the executables I get this:
>
> /bin/sh: ./cmake: Attempting to exec a shared lib

This means you are specifying the wrong options for
CMAKE_CXX_LINK_EXECUTABLE in the Modules/Platform file you created.  The
linker is generating a shared library instead of an executable.  If you
didn't set this variable in the Modules/Platform file then look at the
flags used by the setting in Modules/CMakeDefaultMakeRuleVariables.cmake.

-Brad