[CMake] pkg-config

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Mar 8 09:31:52 EST 2005

Alex Brooks wrote:
> I actually had a shot at improving the one from that thread already
> (attached below).  It works fine for my purposes, but there are a few
> deficiencies (listed in the FIXME lines below).
>
> Also, I call this thing from the top level of my source tree, but the
> variables seem to get forgotten lower down (with the exception of
> lib_FOUND for some reason) so I have to call it again.  I'm also not
> sure how many of the outputs, if any, should go in the cache.  (I'm
> pretty new to CMake, so I must confess to not really understanding
> what's supposed to be cached and what isn't).

The reason variables aren't getting set in lower directories is that the
EXEC_PROGRAM command is not "inherited" into lower directories.  This
unfortunately is a hold-over from a much earlier design of CMake and is
now just a pain.  We have plans to solve this problem but it is not yet
implemented.

> That's a start, anyway.  Anyone know what needs to be done to it for
> inclusion into CMake?

Please create a feature request here:

http://www.cmake.org/Bug

Once it is created you can go back in and attach your prototype file.
Then a developer will look at it.

-Brad