[CMake] When's the next release due?

Clinton Stimpson clinton at elemtech.com
Wed Jun 29 10:45:23 EDT 2005

> Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 09:27:50 -0400
> From: Brad King <brad.king at kitware.com>
> Subject: Re: [CMake] When's the next release due?
> To: Jens <jens-devel at gmx.de>
> Cc: cmake at cmake.org, Alexander Neundorf <a.neundorf-work at gmx.net>
[snip]
> Certainly we can look at adding this.  We were staying out of the Qt4
> discussion because we haven't used Qt (which is the primary reason the
> support is limited).  The latest version of FindQt4.cmake that resulted
> from the discussion should be added to the bug tracker as a feature request:
>
> http://www.cmake.org/Bug
>
> Once the request entry is created you can go back in and attach the file
>  to the entry.
>
> -Brad

It is already there.
http://www.cmake.org/Bug/bug.php?op=show&bugid=1524&pos=4

I took what was discussed on the mailing list a while back and added a macro
for Qt4's resource compiler and macros for uic and moc, and a couple other
small tweaks.

There's been some discussion, involving more people, about some finer details
since I made the patch, but I'd at least like to see something put into CMake
to begin with.  And then we can have more user feedback.

For further work, I suggest:
1. Removing the Qt3 C++ code from CMake and moving them into the FindQt3.cmake
file as macros.
2. Testing with many Qt4 projects and find tune what patch I put there.
Ideally, users of CMake would do this.

Clint