[CMake] Odd Happening

mansoa at rpi.edu mansoa at rpi.edu
Wed Jun 22 14:36:00 EDT 2005

To Answer Brad King I make sure to delete the cache files beforehand.  For
David Cole.  Say I have the two build trees c:\build1 and c:\build2 if I
run cmake with c:\build1 as my current directory with a commandline of
cmake -G"Visual Studio 7 .NET 2003" .\ it runs fine and what not.  But then
copying just the cmake.lists files and nothing else to c:\build2 and
deleting c:\build1 and then running the same commandline from c:\build2 as
the current directory it will fail miserably.  Heres the error I am seeing
more exactly.  I use the AUX_SOURCE_DIRECTORY(. PROJ1SOURCES) to get all
the sources in folder c:\build2\project1\ and then it gets an error because
all the files its reading in c:\build2\project1\ its trying to find in
c:\build1\project1\

"CMAKE Error: can not find the file
c:\pctools\applications\codeload\codeload.cpp"

However this was done from a root folder of C:\test2\  so it should be
looking for the file in c:\test2\codeload\codeload.cpp.  I use no definite
paths in any of the files only relative.