[CMake] Projects with C++ and Assembly

David McKinnon s341552 at student.uq.edu.au
Mon Jun 20 20:24:09 EDT 2005

Hi,
  I have seen some previous posts about integrating assembly files into
a project. I have implemented something along the lines of the snippet
below and have successfully created the object files (.obj on Windows).

FOREACH (SOURCE ${MY_ASM_SRCS})
    GET_FILENAME_COMPONENT (FILE_BASE ${SOURCE} NAME_WE)
    ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND (SOURCE ${SOURCE}
    SET(OBJ ${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}/${FILE_BASE}.o)
    OUTPUT ${OBJ}
    ARGS "-f win32" ${SOURCE}
    COMMAND "nasm"
    )
ENDFOREACH(SOURCE)

When I use the following method,

ADD_LIBRARY (mylib ${MY_SRCS} ${OBJ})

CMake says that it cannot find any files finishing with (.c,.cxx,.h) etc...

My problem is that I do not understand how to make a library (.lib or .dll)
in CMake out of .obj files as is suggested in a further post on the topic.
Assuming I have a set of object files ${OBJ} how do I manufacture a library
from the object files and merge this library into the original library
mylib?

Thanks,
David McKinnon...